Job Title: Head of Sales
Department: Sales and Marketing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Objective: To acquire and maintain high-value business relationships across CPAM focus market segments through the provision of superior investment advice to clientele and optimal structuring of their portfolio with the aim of driving AUM growth and achieving set business targets
• Responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the organization’s competitive advantage within its operating environment
• Aggressive identification, prioritizing, and management of corporate relationships with strategic partners that have sufficient reach to provide business development results for set target
• Participate in events for the purpose of promoting the Company.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets for all CPAM products; including Tradefi and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Oversees and evaluates market research, adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions and identifies potential and viable income streams
• Development of business prospects across the company’s target segments, by undertaking the initiation and development of business proposals and aggressive sales pitching for existing and prospective clients
• Drive a culture and strategy of growth and client engagement across all segments
• Lead the overall marketing process, presenting the firm’s strategy to potential investors, frequent investor outreach, identifying and researching marketing leads, creating and updating marketing materials, maintaining our investor database
• Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports showing trends, and current state of managed portfolio of assets under management, sales projections.
• Monitor and analyse financial profitability across the various products segment
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Monitoring of Macro-economic Trends
• Continuously monitor developments in the macro-economic environment in general and in the financial service sector in particular with a view to taking advantage of the emerging opportunities and minimize the potential threats to our business e.g. changes in clients’ needs and values, competitor activities, regulatory changes, tax laws etc.
Promotion and Branding
• Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Supervision: This role reports directly to a Co-Managing Partner
Contacts: You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with other units; Portfolio Management, TradeFi etc.
Competencies: Strong computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media platforms, including a fundamental understanding of financial products
Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, superior presentation skills across a variety of audiences
Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
Proven success in meeting/exceeding sales goals
Experience working to and exceeding targets
Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
Qualifications: Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in Sales in Asset Management Company
Other Requirements: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Extended work hours when required and meet tight deadlines.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.