Job Title: Internal Auditor
Department: Audit, Compliance and Risk Management
Reporting Line: Head of Internal Audit/Compliance and Risk
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility is creating a risk management structure and oversee internal audit and compliance across the group.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and board of directors
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks;
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with external auditors
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
Supervision: This role reports directly to the Head of Internal Audit
Contacts: You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with other departments in the different subsidiaries; CPAM, CP Capital.
Competencies: Technical & Professional proficiency required: Strong organisational skills, Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving, project management experience.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably business management or related field
Other Requirements: Extended work hours when required and meet tight deadlines; Ability to work with minimal supervision. Function in an environment requiring strict adherence to deadlines (statutory and occupational).